Sunday 26 July 2009

Fitting Out Strat Style Body.

Now that the body was dry and ready to be assembled I decided I wanted to fit a vintage style 6 screw bridge with vintage style saddles. When I bought the vintage style saddles they was 11mm wide and they needed to be 10mm for the import tremolo bridge I was using from another guitar. Adamant to fit the vintage saddles I filed and polished both sides of the saddles and made them 10mm. I was very happy when they all fit in place when screwed to the bridge. I also used the output jack from a donor guitar. You can also see some screw holes for the scratch plate that I had for it but decided at this point that I was not going to use the white single ply
scratch plate on it. I also felt now maybe a good time to attach the maple honey lacquered neck I bought for £50. Although the neck looked very yellow against the body at this time I could see in my minds eye the finished guitar and was on a mission to build it.








No comments:

Post a Comment