Sunday 26 July 2009

Stratocaster Style Body

Looking for a Stratocaster style body can be a hard choice and also a very expensive one. Body wood on a Stratocaster is normally alder, ash, basswood or laminated woods. Because I am on a very limited budget I can not afford to spend a fortune and want to build a nice sounding guitar cheaply as possible. After much searching on the Internet I found a basswood Strat style body on eBay which I managed to buy for £21. It was unfinished bare wood so gave me lot of scope as to what colour or custom finish I would like on my Strat style guitar. Also even fender make some of their reissue Stratocasters from basswood although its not everybody's idea of a good body wood. I figured that because I would be using a all maple neck on my strat style guitar which is bright sounding anyway that basswood would be ok for this project. I was happy when the body arrived as it was in very good shape and did not need much sanding and did not have green coloured grain like some basswood bodies have.

No comments:

Post a Comment